Five years after the date that a Personal Licence has been issued, the holder of the Personal Licence is required to complete refresher training. This section of the website contains important information about this refresher training.
- Under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005, the sale of alcohol must be authorised by the holder of a Personal Licence.
- Personal Licences are issued for a period of ten years, however, will be revoked if the holder has not completed refresher training within 5 years of the date on which the licence was issued.
- If a Personal Licence is revoked, the holder of that licence cannot apply for a new Personal Licence until 5 years after the date on which the licence was revoked.
- If licensed premises do not have a Personal Licence Holder to authorise sales of alcohol, the business must stop selling alcohol with immediate effect.
There are a wide range of organisation that offer the the SCPLH(R) training. You can find information on these on the internet by calling your local further education college; or by contacting one of the four Awarding Organisations who are accredited to issue the SCPLH(R):
- British Institute for Innkeeping – http://biiab.bii.org/home or 01276 684449
- City ad Guilds – www.cityandguilds.com or 0141 341 5700
- Highfield – http://www.highfieldabc.com or 01302 363277
- Scottish Qualification Authority – www.sqa.org.uk/licensing or 0345 279 1000